We are Open & Flying !
Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights is committed to safety and caring for the health and well-being of our customers, staff, tourism suppliers, landowners, family and friends. As social distancing in a hot air balloon is not as practical, or as easy as it is on the ground, our experienced Chief Pilot and crew will ensure extensive safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on all flights.
We have developed a COVID-19 Policy and Safety Plan to keep you safe while you experience the adventure, magic and romance of a balloon flight over the heritage city of Ipswich, Scenic Rim & Somerset countryside. Check out balloon flight packages from exclusive to our boutique groups with less than 10 passengers.
COVID SAFE INFORMATION
Floating Images has a Covid Safe Plan in place to ensure everyone’s safety for the duration of our balloon experience.
In line with current government restrictions and guidelines, Floating Images is operating under the Queensland Tourism & Accommodation Industry Covid Safe Plan (approved by Qld Health) to ensure that we are all COVID Safe. Qld Government Health Statement of Compliance. The following information is subject to Federal Government or Queensland Health Covid 19 restrictions and limitations that may be imposed at the time.
THANK YOU for your patience and support during this time. We look forward to flying you soon!
Please be kind to our staff – help keep everyone safe.
Please take a moment to read through the following details for your flight and please ensure you and all members of your flight party understand your obligations before arriving for your flight.
To ensure your safety Floating Images is doing the following:
- All Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights staff are fully vaccinated.
- All Floating Images team members have undertaken the COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health
- All Floating Images team members have undertaken the “Covid-19 Hygiene Awareness for Drivers” training by the DRVR Training & Transport Alliance Australia.
- Floating Images will be abiding by Qld Government Health regulations in relations to outdoor gatherings and will limit capacity of balloons accordingly.
- We ask that, when not in the balloon, you abide by the social distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres.
- Floating Images is undertaking regular cleaning of all touch points and equipment
- We have reduced the number of touchpoints to reduce surface areas for possible contamination
- All Floating Images staff have downloaded the Qld Check In & COVID safe app to ensure that contact tracing is possible.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer will be available to you upon arrival as well as entering and existing our vehicles.
- We will provide masks which you are welcome to wear throughout your morning, should you so wish.
Please note: The ballooning experience does not allow for Covid-19 social distancing (1.5m) within the balloon basket & the transfer vehicle. As a result:
- All passengers are required to be Covid safe & Covid clear to participate in the ballooning experience.
- All passengers will be required to comply and respect all Floating Images staff ballooning operational and Covid Safe Policy and Safety Plan requirements that may be implemented and required under Queensland Health directive with respect to tourism experiences at the time of your flight.
- All staff and passengers where ever possible will be required to social distance.
- In line with current government guidelines relating to COVID-19 requirements for tourism experiences, all passengers must wear a mask in the commercial transfer vehicles whilst being transported to & from the launch and landing sites.
- Whilst in the balloon basket all participants may be encouraged to wear a face mask.
- Please bring your own face mask!
All passengers will be required to comply and respect all Floating Images staff ballooning operational and Covid Safe Policy and Safety Plan requirements.
If you or any member of your group has symptoms consistent with Covid 19 (this includes a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or loss of taste); or tested positive to Covid (PCR or RAT test) within 7 days of your flight date and subject to self-isolation, please do not proceed with your balloon flight. You can, depending on our terms & conditions guidelines (found on our website https://www.floatingimages.com.au/tandc) either cancel your flight booking, reschedule your flight booking to an alternative date or nominate an alternative person/s to fly in the non-Covid-19 safe passenger/s place. Please contact Floating Images ASAP to discuss the options available.
We hope that you understand the need for these measures in the current COVID-19 environment. If you are not comfortable with any of these measures, we ask that you contact our Reservations Team immediately so that we can discuss your flight.
For a copy of our COVID Safe Plan please email email@example.com